Monday, January 7, 2013

Forward

One of my favorite blogs, The Lettered Cottage, is hosting a link party today called This Little Word of Mine. It's a fun way to share our Word of the Year.

Do you have a Word of the Year? I've never really thought about it before, but when I read about Layla's idea, one word came to mind: Forward. There was no question that if I had to pick any word, this would be it. Forward.


To me, it speaks of momentum. Just keep moving. If you fall, get up and keep going. Don't look back. Press on. That's what this year is to me. My goal to lose weight and be more fit means that I'm constantly thinking to myself, "Keep going, don't stop." Even more than that though, I find that the past affects me more than I want it to. I want to stop looking back. This year, I'm looking forward.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I presson to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." - Phillipians 3: 12-14


The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment