Saturday, December 22, 2012

Something Cold, Something Warm

We woke up this morning to a gorgeous blanket of snow. I love snow, but I hate the cold. When I lived in Canada, it would snow in late October and stick around till almost May. Here in Washington, it usually snows right before Christmas and it's gone in March. I love the short season, but I'm always a little worried there won't be any snow for Christmas. Luckily it came just in time this year!


Damien getting a good look at all the white stuff this morning.



I chose to keep my admiration of the pretty snow indoors. We were going to watch the Polar Express at the theater today, but opted instead to watch it from the comfort of our couch under warm blankets (our house is old and drafty.)

One thing that's been on my mind a lot, as it has for most people, is the Newtown shooting. Yesterday, a group of bikers arrived in Newtown and formed a blockade around the funerals for some of the children.


Why did they have to do this? Because those so-called "christians" from Westboro Baptist Church showed up to protest the funerals. Of children. I honestly have no words. But this group of bikers show that there is humanity in all forms and thank God for them. Those parents were allowed to have some peace as they said goodbye to their children because of these men and women and that warmed my heart today.


No comments:

Post a Comment