Friday, February 1, 2013

Recipe - Beefy One-Pot Dinner

I collect a LOT of recipes. I get them in my email daily, I find them on Pinterest and I think that someday, I'll actually try them all. And perhaps I will, but it hasn't happened so far!

Well, last week, I gave this recipe I got from Kraft a try. It turned out better than I thought it would, though I think I would have chopped the onions a little smaller. If you like BBQ, give this a try.

Beefy One-Pot Dinner

Ingredients: 

1 lb lean ground beef
*2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 potato, finely chopped
1 cup water
1 can (14 oz) baked beans
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

*I only had baby carrots so I used about a dozen baby carrots.

Directions:

Start off by browning your beef. While it's browning, chop up the vegetables. Drain the beef and then add the vegetables to the beef.


Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then add the water and stir. Cover, and let simmer for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. 

Add the beans and the barbecue sauce.


Mix it all together really well, then cook for another 5 minutes or so, until it's heated all the way through. Top with cheese and serve. This makes about 4 servings, though I think next time I'm going to double it and see how well it freezes.


If you need ideas for meals or snacks or holidays, I have over 50 Pinterest boards with over 1000 pins in a wide variety of categories, so click the button on the right sidebar to follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment