Monday, January 27, 2014

52 Lists - Week 5: List The Things You Are Grateful For

It's pretty easy to find things to complain about. For example, I feel miserable and achy. My head hurts, my tummy hurts, the weather is icky, my husband left a chip bag on my desk and I think my rose bush is dying. See? Easy!

That's why it's so important to make a concerted effort to think about things we're grateful for. While it's easy to find things to complain about, it's also easy to take our blessings for granted and when you put those two together, you usually end up miserable. 

That's why I'm so glad that this weeks list is things I'm grateful for. The 52 Lists series can be found on Moorea Seal's blog HERE and my previous lists can be found on my blog HERE

Here we go, in no particular order!

My husband, who bears the burden of providing for us.

My children, who bring so much joy into my life.

The plush blanket given to me for Christmas, which is amazingly soft and cozy.

My dog, who is literally the sweetest dog I've ever met.

My cat, who is so soft and cuddly and has a bit of an attitude.

My kindle, which brings me so many hours of entertainment.

My mother in law, who has always been there for us.

My friends, who are such bright spots of joy in my life.

My camera, which lets me explore the creativity I never thought I had.

My music, which lets me express the wordless desires of my soul.

My sister, who I look up to and am so proud of.

Chocolate, which pretty much needs no explanation because it is the delicious taste of heaven.

My husband, again, for his unwavering love and commitment to me and our marriage.

My health, which could be much worse, all things considered.

My parents, who left marks on my heart that have not diminished with time.


There are so many things I'm grateful for, such as nice pens and Tums and pretty earrings, but these, I think, are the biggest. I hope you'll take some time to reflect on the things you're grateful for, and if you do, I hope you'll also take a moment to share them with me in the comments section below.

Have a blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment