Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Not-So-Tasty Tuesday

So yeah, I have nothing. No menu plan, no shopping list, no motivation. It's annoying because I never know what we're having for dinner. What is wrong with me!? Get it together, lady!

Does that ever happen to you? I'm sure it does. I certainly hope I'm not the only one! I know my life is much easier when I take the time to plan and prepare, but sometimes I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm tired, not feeling good, not inspired...whatever the excuse is, it doesn't ever make me feel better. Now I just feel frustrated and annoyed that I don't have any idea what to make for dinner. I think I'll pull some chicken out of the freezer and do something with that...

I've been getting up at the crack of it's-not-even-dawn-for-another-2-hours in order to go to the gym with my friend. Since she works and I have 2 kiddos, it's pretty much the only time we have where we can get together and go, although we're considering going in the evenings on Wednesday and Thursday. Someone else will just have to pick up the dinner-time slack! Those 5 am mornings are rough. In any case, it's been good, but my sleep schedule is way out of whack. I slept till noon on the weekend, which I rarely do and then ended up sick yesterday so I slept really late again. Which meant that when I went to bed early last night because I was getting up at 5, my body completely rebelled. It had had enough sleep and was ready to party. By the time I got to sleep at 12:30 am, I knew I was in big trouble. I barely dragged myself out of bed this morning, but I did it and I'm glad! Now I'm just waiting for Nate to get home from school and then it's nap time...

Is it any wonder I'm all out of sorts? I crave continuity and order. If one area of my life is out of whack, other things fall by the wayside. No sleep, no menu plan. Did I mention my bed hasn't been made in days? Ack! Oh well. I'll get used to this schedule and then everything will go back to normal.

In the meantime, I'm going to push through this week because I'm super excited for this weekend. It will be ridiculously busy, but also AWESOME. My baby boy turns 7 on Friday and the girls and I are heading over to my friends house to make his Minecraft-themed birthday cake. On Saturday morning, we'll have his birthday party, and then that evening is game night with our friends. Sunday...well, do I even need to say it?

SEAHAWKS ARE IN THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

Yeah, we'll be watching. And someone ELSE will be doing the cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment