Monday, January 13, 2014

52 Lists - Week 3: List The Things You're Proud Of

Yay! It's another list! It's week 3 and this one is a fun one. Well, I think they're all fun, but this one lets me toot my own horn a little bit, which I don't think is always a bad thing =).

The ideas for this list series came from THIS blog and you can read my other lists HERE.

Here we go, a list of things I'm proud of!


1. I'm proud of my children. I could be biased, but I think they're amazing. I think they're kind-hearted and loving. I think they're funny and smart. I think they're beautiful. When I look at them, I feel so blessed. 

2. I'm proud of my husband. I think I've got a pretty awesome husband. He's hard working, intelligent, funny and pretty darn sexy too ;). I admire how hard he works to provide for us and I admire how hard he works at the gym to take care of himself. He inspires me and makes me want to be a better person.

3. I'm proud that I've lost 30lbs in the last year. I slacked off and stopped going to the gym and I didn't do everything I was supposed to, but I made a few lifestyle changes and I have that to show for it. Am I even close to my goal? Nope, but I know that I will get there if I just keep moving forward. 

4. I'm proud of my musicality. I believe music is a vital part of our culture and I want my children to grow up understanding that music plays a huge role in our lives. As bad as this may sound, I love the sound of my own voice. Singing along to a song I love and nailing it makes me happy. 

5. I'm proud of my intelligence. I never went to college. Someday I hope to, but so far I haven't. However, I consider myself fairly educated and intelligent. I like to help my husband do his college (accounting! Eww) homework and it makes me proud when I'm able to explain something to him because I've picked it up quickly as we're going along. I believe that it's important to be a life-long learner and it makes me proud when I live up to my ideals.

6. I'm proud that compassion and kindness often come easily for me. Not always, but often. I find joy in anticipating others needs and providing for them. I enjoy hospitality and making people feel loved and welcome. I haven't always been good at these things, but it's an area that I'm focusing on because I believe it's a crucial part of being a godly woman.

7. I'm extremely proud of my marriage. Like, bursting with pride. I could talk forever about it. We've been through a LOT. We've worked hard to overcome some pretty awful situations and we've both done things we regret, but I sit here today and I can truthfully say I'm more in love with this man than I've ever been. Our marriage has never been stronger or more intimate. We're truly best friends and I haven't always been able to say that. I know hard times will come again, but I also know that between us, we have the fight and determination to overcome anything. We're both in this for the long haul and that makes me very proud.

8. I'm also extremely proud of my sister. She truly is a source of inspiration for me. Even though she's my baby sister (haha), I look up to her. She's a great nurse, an amazing mother to 3 gorgeous kids and the wife of a man who commutes to a different province to work (that takes some strength!) She's been there for me more times than I can count and I love her so much. 

There are other things I'm proud of, but I'm being beckoned away by my husband, so those things will have to wait for another day. You can also read last years list HERE

I'd love to get some comments, so tell me what you're proud of! Go on, toot your own horn =).


No comments:

Post a Comment