Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday is for Weight-loss

Source: Pinterest

How true is this? Sometimes the things we say to ourselves are awful! Maybe that's just me, but I don't think so. I really believe that every change in our lives starts in our mind. We will never become who we want to be if we're still hung up on our failures and mistakes. This is one of my biggest challenges. It's far too easy to just "accept" that I'm a failure, that what I've always done is how I will always be. And it will be, unless I can change my own mind. No one can do that for us!

I think changing our own minds is much harder than changing someone else's. It takes constant vigilance to capture those stray, negative thoughts and remind ourselves of the positives. You know what would make it easier? A list! Don't you love lists? I do! Make a list of the great things about you, things that contribute to the person you want to be. Carry it around with you if you have to and whenever you find yourself beating up on yourself, pull it out and read it.

Just like any habit, learning to treat ourselves with love, compassion and FORGIVENESS takes time and constant maintenance. It won't just happen. You have to put the work in. But once you learn to replace those negative thoughts with positive ones, you won't just be a happier person. I believe you'll start to see amazing results in every area of your life, including weight-loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment